No of Posts: Not Mentioned
Organization: VSW Organisation
Last Date: October 28, 2009
Counselors- Roles and Responsibilities
The Counselors are the lampposts in creating BCC among the individuals in the high risk target group and shall act in co-ordination with the field workers and project co-coordinators in the over all service delivery for the community in order to improve service delivery.
Key Result Areas
The key result of the counselors shall include:
• To assist the project co-coordinator to evolve operational action plans and to design appropriate strategies for quality and cost effective implementation of the project
• To get involved in patient management, recording case history, follow ups and adequate reporting through MIS at the clinic
• To co-ordinate with the supervisors in creating strong horizontal linkages/networking with the local clubs, administration community key influencers and with other partner NGOs, civic service organizations working in the field and Government Departments, hospitals for referral services.
• To understand to needs of the peers document the same and to facility training and capacity building of the Supervisors and peer Educators through appropriate support from TSU,TINGO and other external resources
• To prepare weekly work plain for the clinic/field for the Supervisors along with the PCs as per the queerly performance indicators so that cost effective service delivery is made possible.
• To be responsible along with the Supervisors for grooming the PEs in the field for the betterment of the project
• To asset the PC in creating appropriate strategies and advocacy environment for successful implementation of TI in the target area
• To evolve long term vision & strategic plan so that sustainability and community empowerment of TIs in the long run possible.
• Help the supervisors in implementing the evolved stateliest/system/plans at the field .
• Building and effectively leading the field team along with supervisors
• One to One counseling of the community more so with STD cases. patient management, ensure partner notification and follow ups for recurrent cases
• Felid visit on the days clinic is not operating
• Facilities advocacy minting forces group discussion at the field, conduct amenders campaigns along with the PEs and the supervisors.
• Responsible for reporting MIS record keeping
• Reporting/communication/co-condition with the PC
• Assisting the PC in developing the weekly/monthly CMIS, monthly/quarterly reports, documentation, proposal development and budgeting.
• Relevant academic background in social sciences (preferably psychology, sociology, Social work)with at least master degree along with counseling experience (of any kind) of about 2 years preferred
• In case experienced post graduates are not available fresh postgraduates with sound skills on counseling can be taken
• In case postgraduates are not available social grates with experience in counseling and exposure to sexual health/ reproductive health with experience preferably in HIV/AIDS prevention/targeted interventions preferred
• Fluency in local language and working Knowledge in English and computers preferred
• The Counselors will be reporting to the project co-coordinator and shall act in accordance with the general rules and regulations of the organization his tenure in the organization.
Send your resume at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org