No of Posts; 2
NO: GFATM-7 /SNDT univ. / Psy / 11/ 2008-09 Dt: 11.11-2008
The S.N.D.T Women’s University has been selected as one of the sub- recipients for The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis & Malaria (GFATM) Round -7 grant on the HIV/AIDS counseling sub-component. This programme aims at enhancing human & institutional capacities of HIV counseling training institutes in India . For successful implementation of this programme in Maharshtra,Goa and Madhya Pradesh we require a team of highly skilled and experienced staff. Applications are invited from eligible and interested candidates for the following positions.
SENIOR TRAINING OFFICER/ Capacity Building Officer (2Posts)
A: Essential qualifications (1) Master’s degree in Psychology/Public Health/Psychiatry /Population Studies / Health Education / Social Work with Minimum 55% aggregate marks at master’s level. (2) Minimum of 3 years experience of training/ research/ monitoring and evaluation (M& E) / management of international/ national projects in the field of HIV /AIDS or related areas.
B: Desirable qualifications and experience :(1) Developing modules, designing training schedules, facilitating and managing training programmes (2) Knowledge of working in multicultural, multilingual, multidisciplinary areas (3) Efficiency in planning, monitoring, evaluation and control of the technical cooperation processes (4) Strong professional oral and writing skills in English, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasiv e documents for consideration at the highest level with good knowledge of Hindi. (5) Knowledge of management processes and ability to analyze and present data objectively and clearly. (6) Computer literacy as related to programme management (7) Excellent skills for quantitative analysis, complemented by capacity to work and produce results under pressure and with short deadlines (8 ) Excellent facilitation skills.
C: Job Specifications: (1) Responsible for coordinating the zonal level capacity building initiatives in the programme (2) Responsible for management of training programmes and its reporting (3) Timely achievement of training targets and their reporting (4) Performing other duties as assigned by the project implementing authority (5) Resolving difficult issues and recommending remedial actions for effective managerial implementation, including the administration of technical contracts.
D: Salary: 22,000 p.m consolidated
1. Tentative duration of the project is five years ( i.e., from 01-09-2008 to 31-8- 2013)
2. Appointments will be for a period of one year on contract basis and it is renewable every year based on performance assessment reports and the overall success of the project.
3. Appointed staff for all the posts are expected to travel within India.
4. Candidates may submit their applications only in electronic format on or before 21, 2008 to mdpurandare@ yahoo.co. in. (MS word / PDF).
5. Applicants who are found eligible will receive Email invitation letters from mdpurandare@ yhoo.co.in, and the date of interview will be intimated in the e-mail invitation.
6. Applications received after the last date will not be considered and the organization takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt.
7. Applications not fulfilling above prescribed eligibility criteria will not be considered.
8. Applicants appearing for the interview must produce the following original documents with one set of photocopies of all documents before the scrutinizing officers :
a. date of birth proof certificate
b. marks cards of all semesters/ years as per the eligibility criteria
c. all experience certificates claimed in the application form
d. two passport size photographs and
e. other relevant documents in support of their claims
9. Separate applications are to be submitted for each post if an applicant desires to apply for more than one post.
10. Only applicants below 50 years of age are eligible to apply, can be relaxed for extraordinary candidates..
11. The selection committee has the right not to fill up any of the vacancies advertised.
12. Canvassing directly or indirectly will disqualify the candidate.
13. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview or joining the post.
14. Applicants selected will be required to work at the Project implementation office at S.N.D.T.Women’s University,Mumbai and travel as and when required
15. Appointment to this project does not ensure any job absorption after the completion of this project or during the project period.
16. Selection will be made on the basis of qualifications, experience and competence of the applicant as assessed by the selection committee which shall be the final decision making authority for all appointments.
17. Applicants are encouraged to go through the details of the project from the Global Fund website round seven proposal on counselling sub-component and the functionary aspects of the project are available for downloading
18. Applications must be filled as per the format , can be asked at below given e-mail.
19. Selected applicants must report for duty within a week.
20. For further information contact the undersigned via Email
Regional Project Director
GFATM 7 Counseling component
S.N.D.T.Women’s University,Mumbai 400020.
E-Mail:mdpurandare@ yahoo.co. in